Yes4All Wooden Wobble Balance Board
This wooden balance disc features heavy-duty plastic and a non-skid surface to ensure a proper workout.
Find on Amazon
It might look like a reel of film when seen from above, but we promise that this wooden balance disc from Yes4All isn’t going to let you relax too much. The durable wood construction can support up to 300 pounds, and the grip tape on the wide surface makes sure your hands and feet don’t slide. In the classic model, a rounded plastic component is nailed into the bottom to create a 15-degree tilt in all directions. Bump up to the advanced version for the addition of handles and the option to remove your base for easy transport.
- Range of colors and two styles (classic, advanced) to choose from
- Solid wooden board can support 300 pounds
- Grip tape secures foot and hand placement on the wide surface
- Rounded bottom creates a 15-degree tilt in all directions
- Version without handles is harder to grip during push-up exercises
Black Mountain Products Stability Disc
Pump up this affordable PVC disc and use it to improve your balance or intensify a workout.
Find on Amazon
Black Mountain’s balance disc serves as a solid reminder that you don’t have to break the bank to build your strength. Professional-grade PVC promises rare durability for an inflatable model; most folks can stand, sit, or balance on it without worrying about damage or significant air loss. At just over a foot in diameter, the surface area is an ideal size for advanced single-leg exercises or cushioning your seat to improve your posture. And the large massage spikes form a practical non-slip surface that also feels pretty relaxing when used as a support pillow.
- Inflatable body is light and easy to transport
- Large massage spikes maximize grip on the floor or increase comfort when used as a cushion
- Purchase includes a handheld pump
- Surface area may be too small for two feet
URBNFit Balance Disc and Stability Wobble Cushion
You can easily slide this balance disc behind your back to help support your lower lumbar.
Find on Amazon
Though most people probably view wobble cushions as accessories to an active workout, few users capitalize on their discs’ potential for relieving back pain and improving posture. By placing URBNFit’s disc on your chair or behind your back, you can help strengthen your back just by sitting. These cushions are also immensely helpful sensory tools to encourage hyper-active kiddos to sit still and focus. Small massage nubs create a soft but stimulating surface to sit on while doubling as non-slip pads during active workouts.
- Basic range of colors to suit your style
- Easy inflation process with the included hand pump
- Perfectly sized to slide behind your back or on top of your chair
- Lower weight limit at 250 pounds
StrongTek Professional Wooden Balance Board
If a multi-directional tilt feels too advanced, opt for this rocking wooden board to start your balance work.
Find on Amazon
Though technically this isn’t a disc, we definitely thought it was worth including a two-directional board; a full 360-degree tilt can be a challenge to start with, especially for something like rehabilitation. This model features one of the largest surface areas in its class of boards, making it ideal for dual-footed work. StrongTek’s grip tape is even gentle enough to use barefoot, but secure enough to keep you from slipping off. And at 0.75 inches thick, this plywood board can handle up to 350 pounds without splintering.
- Grip tape on both the surface and bottom won’t damage your skin or wooden floors
- Large surface area is ideal for two-footed exercises or standing
- Is an accessible starting point for balance work when compared to 360-degree tilting discs
- No handles for easy transportation
EveryMile Wobble Balance Board
This balance disc features two handles for explosive push-ups and easy transportation.
Find on Amazon
Let’s face it: there’s a good chance you won’t remember to inflate your balance disc before you head to the gym. To avoid a deflated workout, we’d opt for this wobble board from EveryMile. Made of durable ABS plastic and textured with non-skid rings on the top, it beats out the more buoyant competition by always being primed for a workout. Inlaid handles on the edge make push-ups and transportation easy, while a four-inch raised bottom creates a tough balancing challenge. The weight limit maxes out at 300 pounds, which is around the industry standard.
- Full 15-degree tilt in every direction for advanced balance work
- Inlaid handles allow the disc to be used flush with the ground
- The slightly larger diameter provides more real estate for two-footed exercises
- Textured surface could have a slightly stronger grip
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common exercises to do with a balance disc?
This will change depending on your target areas, but balance discs are most commonly used for squats, single-leg lunges, push-ups, and planks. Often, rehabilitation work may begin with simple standing exercises to rebuild atrophied muscles. Adding weights or hand-eye coordination drills to these exercises can then supplement your strength and balance work.
How much should I inflate my balance cushion?
As much or as little as you’d like — this is one of the true strengths of an inflatable model. The more inflated it is, the less challenging it will be to balance since there will be less give. If you’re using a cushion as part of your physical therapy regimen, be sure to ask your therapist what level of firmness they suggest starting at.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2010, Momtastic has provided millions of parents with a complete guide to raising a family in a healthy home by offering our expert advice on everything from car seats for kids to baking supplies for the kitchen. It takes a village to raise a family, and our experts are here to make sure every parent finds a little bit of that village in us.